Monday, December 23, 2013

Preparing for the Year to Come

Trying to be a successful real estate agent, you are faced with many circumstances out of your control.  We are all taught the harder you work, the more successful you will become.  Coming up in the corporate world, this appeared to be true.  Real estate is quite a different animal in the respect that you have to work extremely hard for several years before you even start reaping the rewards.  And when I say work hard, I mean every day.  It would help if the economy, something I have no control over, would cooperate!  In the beginning of my career as an agent, and even to this day, it is sometimes hard to stay positive during the down times when I am not doing as much business as I would like.  But in this business, you have to stay focused and positive and keep at it no matter what, and in the end it will pay off. 
Christmas and the New Year holidays are fast approaching and as a real estate agent in coastal North Carolina, this time of year signals a slow down in real estate sales which usually lasts until at minimum the end of March.  These times used to be so very hard for me to take.  I'd question my ability as an agent and my career choice, but once the season started up again, I fell was back in the ring and understood why I enjoy selling real estate and helping people so much.  So now that I have become a more experienced agent, I use this time to prepare myself for the New Year; take aim at what I want to accomplish and put a plan in place to achieve my goals in helping buyers and sellers achieve theirs.


Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and see you in 2014    

No comments:

Post a Comment