Thursday, September 5, 2013

Home Remodels Can Strain a Relationship, Survey Finds

Remodeling a home can definitely strain a relationship.  I certainly can vouch for that!  It's gotten to the point where my husband will wait for me to go to work before starting his latest project on our home, no matter what it is.   And as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather be at work than be the object of his frustration when a home project doesn't go quite as planned.  I know my husband sure does get frustrated with me when I repeatedly ask for his opinions on colors or ideas...and then don't listen to them.    If this sounds like your relationship during a remodel project, and sometimes it feels like a hard hat would be in order - you're not alone.  In fact, 12% of couples in the middle of a  remodel consider divorce or separation, says a Houzz August 2013 survey.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment