Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Designing with Color

I don't know about you, but I have a difficult time choosing the right color paint anytime I want to make a color change or refresh my home.  That's why when I received a newsletter on the subject from Houzz.com (written by Laura Gaskill) I said "WOW.  This could be very helpful", and I thought I would share it.

This first installment is about Signature Color.  Do you have a signature color?  How do you find it and how do you use? 

One way to find your signature color is to think back to your childhood.  Is there a color that brings to mind good memories? I know when I was growing up I liked orange!  I would always pull that color out of the crayon box. It evoked a certain feeling in me. 

 Now I like blues and purple, although I have not yet worked up the courage to use purple paint in my home but would love to!   A signature color is a color that reminds people of you; it's one that you use often or that makes you feel comfortable and that you tend to integrate into your color schemes and your life.

Once you've found it, it could help to simplify some of your decorating decisions.  Use it in your home and wardrobe.  Don't overuse it - keep your signature color special.  Paint an accent wall with it or choose decorative accents that have it; have personalized stationery made or start a collection with it; enhance it with complimentary colors.


Check my blog or my website www.CarolinaSeasideProperties.com for future installments of Decorating with Color. Your comments are always appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment